CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR-ESTIMATOR NEEDED
JTX is a fast growing multi-discipline development and building company.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hard-working, skilled and experienced Contract Administrator-Estimator to join our high end luxury home building division.
A university or tertiary graduate with at least 10 years of extensive industry experience in delivering high end luxury homes.
A stable employment history with references is essential.
Above all else, we are looking for a process-driven, and methodical individual who will deliver on expectations and facilitate project success.
We are seeking someone who thrives on the challenges and the rewards that managing multiple high value construction projects presents. We are also looking for someone who is familiar with working with a diversity of build forms, has an understanding of inner urban construction and can tap into a network of suppliers and contractors.
The person we are looking for will have experience managing all the internal construction documentation and administrative requirements of our Luxury homes with individual custom homes ranging in construction value between $2- 8 million and up to $20 million construction value projects at any one time.
You will be expected to thrive in a fast paced environment and have the capacity to work on multiple tasks and projects.
To be able to deliver these requirements, you will need to be a self-starter who is highly motivated, has attention to detail, and be versatile enough to be able to read plans, liaise with councils, and negotiate with suppliers and direct trades and contractors.
The requirements of the role include;
- Co-ordinate the flow of information and documentation between the administration, design and construction teams and all contractors and suppliers between the office and on-site project requirements
- Preparation of all subcontractor and supplier tender documents, including all relevant drawings, specifications, BOQ, scope of works
- Managing, Negotiating, reporting. letting and vetting all contracts with subcontractors and suppliers eg: warranties, insurance policies, qualifications, OHS, JSAs , variations ensuring accurate accountability that meet the highest quality, budget and time requirements
- Administer RFIs to contractors, suppliers, clients, architects, engineers and consultants
- Soft and hard copy document management of all drawings and specifications and notification of any changes to all relevant and effected parties immediately
- Actively working from MS project schedules to sequentially complete all administrative tasks
- Correctly Analyze drawings and specifications
- Produce/manage well organized, accurate cost estimates
- Produce/manage well organized, accurate time estimates
- Produce accurate bill of quantities (BOQs) and clearly detailed material take offs
- Look into the spacial needs of all services and amenities in the building, ensure the design works and list any corrections or building efficiencies and alteration required
- Prepare contractor scope of works and drawing ledger for the tender process and construction phase.
- Prepare detailed Supplier specifications
To be able to succeed in this role you must have the following Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills,
- A winning attitude
- Extensive Experience and own data base of trades and suppliers including knowledge of trade rates and documentation accuracy
- Commitment to the company’s success and protection
- Experience at quoting, assessing and letting all the components of a development program
- Proven experience in the high end value luxury home development projects
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Multi-tasking, negotiation and organizational skills.
- The ability to use Microsoft Project to create and manage project schedules
- Strong IT skills and the ability to use the Microsoft office suite
- Strong administrative disciplines and office management skills
- Be held accountable and responsible to accuracy, budget, timelines
- Answer to the MD and GM
- Ability to work unsupervised with a proven track record.
- Strong work ethics.
- Advanced time management skills.
Relationship and trust with management, Director and JTX Team
Show strong leadership in the performance of own duties.
At JTX, we believe our people are our greatest asset and as such we foster a supportive workplace culture where great work is recognised and high achievers rewarded.
The right candidate will be offered an impressive contract to commence, with a healthy performance and remuneration incentive plan allowing the right candidate to grow in the role and within the company.
If you enjoy working in a fast paced and dynamic organisation and meet the selection criteria outlined above, we would love to hear from you.